Mac's sister Elizabeth came out to Houston to see us and to run the Houston Marathon. She is an amazing runner and this was her 5th marathon. She finished the marathon in 3:19:46. Seriously. And her personal record is actually 3:09.
Crazy, isn't it?
Crazy good.
Anyway, she made the front page of the Houston Chronicle. That's her on the left in the yellow visor.

She came in 48th among the women, and she isn't even Kenyan. That is awesome!


Mac and Elizabeth at the Expo the day before the marathon.

The morning of the marathon. It was pretty early, but it's never too early for them to ring their mini cowbells.
(I have since confiscated and hid them. I mean...I'm saving them for next year.)

Just after crossing the finish line. Cool and collected.
(They would have been scraping me off the pavement.)

You rock, Elizabeth.
We already pumped up for next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment