We don't have an official school picture from last year because they were taken on the scheduled retake days because of Ike, and he forgot to take the money in on the day. Then for Spring pics, he had the flu, and nobody wants a picture of that. So, now I can never have one of those 12 year photo frames that documents each school year, not that I have kept anything for 12 years or even that I wanted one, but it's kind of sad knowing the option is no longer on the table for Grey.
Like I was saying, here's Grey's 4th grade picture.
He will autograph for free.
Holland's picture came out pretty good, too. She always gives me a smile. We had a "not our best" kind of hair day. I actually took her to get a haircut a couple of days before, but a small, possible tornado actually came through our area, when I say area, I mean my neighborhood. It's never a good sign when news helicopters are circling above your house. Anyway, the storm blew some trees down, lightning set one house on fire, and knocked power out for about 6 hours. Undeterred, I headed to the mall to get her hair cut, but alas their power was out, too. I should have known that when I got a great covered parking spot. Long story short, (where's the entertainment value in that?) No haircut.
Also, she had a VERY loose tooth that day. I asked her when she got home from school holding it, if she lost it before or after her picture was taken and she said after. I was so relieved. We needed all the teeth we could hold onto for the picture. But if you enlarge the picture or look closely, you can see a very bloody tooth and even some blood on her lip. Only Holland loses a tooth ON picture day.But I still like the picture and even more 'cause it captures a neat moment, bloody tooth and all.

No comments:
Post a Comment