Thursday, October 01, 2009

Hometown Hoedown

The children had themselves a hoedown at school last week. Nice to see my school tax dollars hard at work. Actually, it's a fun way for the kids to get exercise during the PE hour. We certainly never did anything that fun. So, anyway the kids were supposed to put on the western duds to help get into the spirit of the event. Now, I know you're thinking, "I bet they have loads of western clothes..they live in Texas, after all." Well, I don't. Just like when I lived in Mississippi, I didn't have a hoop skirt, the recipe for mint julips, or a cotton gin in the back of my closet. Fortunately, since it was the night before, I was able to pull some stuff from the closets and put together an outfit with a western vibe to it. Let's face it, a bandana and pigtails go a long way. During the hoedown, the kids danced to the Hannah Montana "Hoedown" song and then the Cotton Eye Joe. The Cotton Eye Joe and I go waaaaay back, so when the PE teachers made the parents get out on the floor and dance it, I was so prepared.

Armed and dangerous.

Armed and fabulous.









No comments: