Wednesday, June 03, 2009

What A Long Strange School Year It Has Been....

The last day of school began as any other school day. Grey has always been really good at getting up and getting ready. He can be dressed, scoop the litter box, eat breakfast, and be outside in 15 minutes. And he does it without complaining. ( I love that!)

Holland, not so much. She doesn't mind getting up. She just doesn't want to go to school or anywhere for that matter. She always says "I wish it was stay-at-home day." Big sigh.
If I can get her mobile, there's some improvement in her disposition. But, woe unto the soul who wakes her up on a morning after a night she stayed up past her bedtime.



First day of Kindergarten (August 2008)



Last day of Kindergarten. (June 2009)




First day of 3rd grade (Aug 2008)







Last day of 3rd grade and about 6 more inches of hair (June 2009)





"FREE AT LAST..FREE AT LAST..."


They both did very well and were promoted to the next grade.


This has been such a strange and expensive school year, so I'm kind of glad it's over. Let's take a gander back at the last 8.5 months, shall we?


*Hurricane Ike--they were out of school 11 days

*Fire (arson) in the Kindergarten area that had the K class roaming the school for weeks.

*Back Surgery for Moi

*Audited for 2006 tax year by the IRS

*Bought a new car

*New car hits deer less than 6 weeks after we buy it

*Fire (Arson) burns down warehouse and damages showroom of one of Mac's major accts. right before Memorial Day weekend

*Just yesterday the a/c went out upstairs (about stair 8 you hit a 91 degree wall of heat); had to replace a part on that unit.




So, I told Mac I am taking the next 82 days of summer off from major decisions and purchases.

( At least, I hope so.)








No comments: