Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vacation Bible School: Boomerang Express

Last week we had our vacation bible school at church, and I think I have finally recovered. I worked with Grey's age group again. This is actually the last year for VBS for his age. Next year he moves up to VBX which is designed more for the older kids.
I have to say it was more challenging this year than past years. Individually, these are some sweet, smart, and fun kids. As a group, they are a pack of wild animals. I think raw meat would have been an appropriate snack food. By Wednesday, I was asking the children's director for permission to use Body Combat moves on some of the children. By Thursday, I was wishing I had a net and a cattle prod. By Friday, I was writing my local congressman to see if a bill could be passed to legalize tasering children. I see now why some animals eat their young.
My fellow 3rd grader wrangler. We've been working together as guides the last 4 years.


Holland LOVED VBS. She was excited every morning, rushing me to get ready so we wouldn't be late.
Music + Hand Motions = Happy Holland

Grey for the most part, had to control his inner animal, because I was there, but he enjoyed VBS, all except the music.
Music + Hand Motions = Tortured Grey


I have to say I was glad when it was all over. Will I do it all again next year?


Of course.




No comments: