Thursday, April 10, 2008

Soccer Daze

After basketball ended, which by the way was a lot of fun and the Red Raiders ended with a 5-2 record, I had the perfect opportunity to take a couple of months off from sports. Did I use the opportunity wisely? Of course not. I asked Grey if he wanted to play soccer at the church where he just wrapped up his basketball season, and he said, yes. (Man, the kid loves to be doing something. That definitely comes from his father.) So, here we are once again on the soccer field which by the way, this church has the most beautiful soccer/softball fields. I mean I just want to roll in this grass. The fields at our church are new and well, rough. There are dips and holes, ant hills and the eternal mud puddle. Seriously, if it rains 2 towns over, a mud puddle spontaneously forms in the middle of one of our fields. But Grey, being a typical boy, actually loves a little mud in his game. Of course, the floormats in my truck have seen better days.
But I digress, but then again I always digress. See, there I go again.
Anyway, his team is the Galaxy and the first game is this Saturday so we'll get to see just what this team is made of.
Holland is really into soccer practice. (Excuse me, let me wipe up some of that sarcasm I spilled.) Half the time I don't tell her where we're going 'cause it always brings out the drama. She gives this dramatic sigh and a, "(insert sport here), not again! I'm tired of Grey's (insert sport here)." Hand to the forehead, then head to her lap. Curtain falls.

That's Grey in the back, not the one with the long hair, cause, that just isn't happening.

I'm not sure if he's saying the pledge or if that's some new soccer move.


After answering 4000 questions about the sky, I gave Holland my camera to entertain herself with. It bought me 20 minutes of peace. This picture is much better than the one of my left nostril.

No comments: