Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Shopping Therapy




Today is our usual playgroup day and today's was at a neighborhood park. It's a nice park with lots of shade, swings, slides, see saws, a sand box and other assorted climbing stuff. It's the ideal place for a playgroup. In fact, last Friday, we met up with a couple of friends there. The first 2 minutes were great, and then it happened, a mid-size beetle scurried past Holland. Pure terror took over Holland. No amount of consoling, pleading, rationalizing, bribing, or even the swift crushing death of the beetle could calm her. So we packed up and made the trek back to the truck taking concrete paths only. (No shortcuts thru the grass.) So when I heard that playgroup was at this park, I decided the wounds were still too fresh, so we did some fall shoe shopping together. We had a good time! My girl loves her shoes. I'm so proud.

No comments: