Friday, September 01, 2006

Livin La Vida Lola

I'm "Livin' La Vida Lola". For those who don't know, Lola was our 80 yr old next door neighbor in Joplin, Mo. and whenever she goes to "The Walmarts" she uses the motor scooter they provide to get her shopping done. Totally appropriate for her. Do you see where this is going? That's right, the family had to go to WalMart and guess who had to get the scooter. Right again, me with the cast and crutches. The kids loved it. I would try to keep a low profile and they would pretend I was chasing them and run in front of me with their hands in the air screaming (drawing as much attention to us as possible) and Mac kept wanting me to honk the scooter horn at people. And then there was that chip display I almost leveled. But I think the point I gave up any hope of salvaging my dignity was when I had to back the scooter up and I heard that little beep..beep..beep... I mean it's a scooter, for goodness sake, not a backhoe or school bus. So after that, I just decided to enjoy the ride. I even found myself waving and giving the "scooter nod" to all the other scooter riders. I wonder if there's like a club for scooter riders. I bet they have really cool jackets.

No comments: