We took on Fiesta Texas which was a lot of fun now that Holland is tall enough to ride everything. She was fearless taking on her first inverted roller coaster and every other crazy-looking roller coaster. I took pictures of her with most of them so she could put then in her own scrapbook.
Then we went to eat at The Melting Pot. It was their first time to eat there. I knew they'd like it. I mean, seriously, who wouldn't love a fondue meal. Cheese, bouillon, and chocolate. I'd eat my own finger dipped in the right fondue.
We also headed downtown. Not much has changed since we lived there 14 years ago. Of course, there's really no reason to go changing the Alamo. We took a stroll through the wax museum and 4D theater and a walk down by the Riverwalk. The 11 day Fiesta celebration had just ended so it was a bit messy, especially after a hard late night rain. It's like their version of Mardi Gras but family-friendly so maybe nothing like New Orleans' mardi gras. Anyway, I've heard the parades are definitely something to see. Not sure why we didn't see them when we lived there.
Then we headed home Sunday and made a stop at Buccee's which was busier than Fiesta Texas. I mean crazy busy. They do have amazing restrooms. According to one of their many billboards, the top two reasons to stop there are #1 and #2.
Holland conquers her first inverted roller coaster, The Goliath.
Next the Boomerang.
The Superman
(Plus The Poltergeist, The Frisbee, Pandemonium, etc.)
Grey and I turned the corner, ahead of Mac and Holland, and I said to Grey, " $10 says your dad puts on that hat."
At the Melting Pot.
Every picture has Grey trying to skewer his sister.
Typical.
He had the nerve to ask me why my wallpaper photo on my Iphone is a pic of Holland and me and not him. Because every picture of him and me is some version of this.
Tired and time to head home.
The bruise on her leg is from Grey opening the truck door on her leg.
Plus the girl bruises like a peach.











No comments:
Post a Comment