Monday, April 20, 2009

Let the Swimming Commence

Today, I started the swimming portion of my recovery. So, if you happen to be at my gym and looked in at the pool and saw a woman in a hot pink swimmer's cap with professional goggles that swam with the most beautiful of swim strokes, you might have seen me. I was 2 lanes over with a wild mane of hair held back by my goggles from Walgreen's and swimming with the most unimpressive flailing of arms and legs, But you know what, I got a workout, because I felt it about 10 minutes after I got out of the pool.
Then, as I was wading out, I passed one of Holland's ghosts of swim instructor's past.(They ALWAYS remember Holland. I think their ears still ring with her cries for help.) She said that all wet, Holland, looked like me. And then later, I thought, was she talking about our physical features or our swimming prowess? I don't think I want to know.......

No comments: