Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Don't forget your paperwork"- Roz from Monsters, Inc.

So, the kids start school on the 25th. Yes, I realize that's about 2 weeks after the rest of the school-attending human race, but around here, the state of Texas makes the rules. I merely comply.
So, anyway, I picked up the kids "packets" with all the paperwork I have to fill out. Oh, my word, people. The sheer volume of paperwork...times 2 kids. I mean there wasn't this much paperwork at the Geneva Convention. My hand started cramping halfway through Holland's stack. My pen ran out of ink on page 412 of Grey's packet. Just how many emergency contacts do they need? I had to go deep in the lineup. It's possible if you are a friend, or a relative or that couple we met at the Cracker Barrel, you could be an emergency contact for my children. Thanks, I knew I could count on you. Seriously,though are we applying for public school or the CIA? Oh and then there's the check-writing. You'll notice my checkbook open and ready for business. And let me tell you, it did some business. It was "here a check, there a check, everywhere a separate check". I believe HISD is trying to $15 and $25 me to death. Every other form in the packet required a "SEPARATE" check. That way you don't realize just how much you are spending. Well, I'm on to your money scam, H- Independent School District. I can't do a thing about it, but I am on to it. Just so you know........

3 comments:

-Sheri said...

Perhaps Monday we can go get hand-massages. Mine might be permanently shaped in the C-shape.
come to think of it, our backs are probably pretty stiff from sitting so long, and then maybe our legs hung down a little to long as well.
I think we deserve the full-body massage.
I'll meet you at 8:15

Gayla Davis said...

I'll pick up the Starbucks....

The O'Hare Family said...

You crack me up...I felt the pain with signing 3 up this year. I cannot imagine my pain when our 5th goes to school. By the way...a mere 3 more years and I'll have all my youngens in school. I realized the other day that for the past 12 years I have been buckling someone into a car seat. Oh the liberation and freedom when they can all buckle themselves!

Take care!