Thursday, December 27, 2007

Oh, The Merriment!

Well, I hope everyone's Christmas was merry and bright. Ours certainly was. I know you are looking for meaningful Christmas morning pictures with lots of hugs, tears of joy, and all kinds of merriment. Sorry to disappoint you, but I did not take a single picture Christmas Day. I believe that could be some sort of blogger violation. However, we did take some video of the event, getting the kids out of bed, their initial reaction to Santa's presents, etc. Then Mac and I spent the next 3 hours putting presents together. Our den looked like the assembly line at the Mattel Toy Factory. Apparently, Santa decided not to put anything together the night before. Mac said he is going to file a complaint with the North Pole. Then after all that, we had to set up the electronics portion of Christmas. That's a lot of manual labor and detailed reading so early in the morning.
However, since I know some of you need actual pictures (BB), instead of my vivid descriptions, which might hurt my feelings just a bit, except for the fact that when I look at other blogs, I'm all about the photos, too. So I took a picture of the kids (about 20 minutes ago)with their favorite present from Santa.

Grey and his Wii. Now the big draw to the Wii is that the kid has to actually get up off their duff and actually interact with the games. Bowling requires the player to actually simulate the bowling motion with their body and so on with all the games. Now when I heard this, I had my "seriously doubt that" eyebrow raised. Exercise via a video game? Come on, now. However, Grey came down after playing, with his cheeks all red and sweating like he ran the 100 yard dash. And the day after Christmas, Mac was complaining of upper back and shoulder soreness, and Grey was complaing about his back. Turns out they had been playing the Boxing game. So, there may be some validity to the whole Wii/exercise thing. We shall see.

Holland and her Glitter Suite Dollhouse. That's Cinderella asleep on the kitchen floor. Ballerina Barbie is resting, fully clothed, in the bathtub. Hanna Montana, lucky girl, got the bed on the 2nd floor and corvette Barbie got the chaise lounge on the 3rd floor under the disco ball and with the view of the palm tree. This house and the Leapster tied for favorite presents from Santa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the visuals...many old people do not know what a glitter dollhouse or a wii even looks like...seems Santa was good to the Davis household...GO DAWGS!!!

BB