Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Venomous Snake Lunchbox

Grey came home Monday with his final homework assignment. He had to make a lunchbox for a picnic today. We began work Monday afternoon, using a shoebox and pictures of venomous snakes we printed from the computer. We didn't finish it that afternoon, and then the fever and ear infections made their presence known. But last night, after the ibuprofen kicked in, Grey wanted to finish the lunchbox even though he knew he wouldn't be going to school today. I think he was secretly hoping I would take him just for the picnic and then bring him back home. I did consider it, but he still had some fever, and I didn't want to chance him getting worse and us being housebound for more days. I get cabin fever after a few hours stuck in the house. (However, I do have one mighty clean and organized pantry to show for the day.)
Below is a picture of Grey putting the finishing touches on his Venomous Snake Lunchbox. He was so proud.

No comments: