Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Grey Panther





Being from way down South, I never really considered soccer a sport; a hobby...at best. However, I have seen it in a new light. It's a great sport (yes, I said sport) for young kids and more importantly, Grey loves it. After a 2 year hiatus, and since it isn't basketball season (his first love), he has returned to the game. It's through Upwards Soccer which is a Christian organization where the kids play soccer and learn scripture. It's the first time our church has ever done it. Naturally, we jumped on the bandwagon. But I'm going to brag on my boy and say, he is really good. He's confident and aggressive on offense, making goals, but he'll also pass to a teammate. (No Kobe Bryant syndrome). He's great on defense, goalie included. And he's really fast. So watch out for his team, The Panthers, especially the Grey Panther.

No comments: