Well, not for the next 2 months anyway. That's right, school's out for summer. No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks (Grey). June 2nd was their last official day of school. I am now the proud parent of a 5th grader and 2nd grader. I tell you when Grey started school, time sped up, but when Holland started, time kicked into high gear and has not slowed down since. They are growing up too fast.
This next school year will be Grey's last year in elementary school. I guess you could say it's his senior year. It's also the last year they will be at the same school until his senior year in high school. I don't think I can process that right now.
They both had a great year. Out of all of Grey's teachers, this year's teacher was by far his favorite. I think she got his sense of humor, even though he got many "excessive talking" marks on his weekly behavior report. Holland also had another great teacher. She is so sweet and a big hugger to kids and parents alike. Mac always went to the school events with his arms outstretched awaiting a hug from Mrs. S.
Out of the 2, Holland was the most ready for the year to end. She says school has "too many rules" and for a rule-follower, the pressure was getting to her. She always came home and just talked and talked and talked and talked, took a breath, and then talked some more. I think she held it in all day and just exploded when she got home. Grey, on the other hand, got most of his socializing and chatter done at school so he was always cool when he got home.
So what's in store for the summer? Well, last year Grey didn't want to do any kind of camps and about a week into the summer, he was bored and driving me up the wall. Holland, however, just basks in being home and free to talk and play at will. So, for Grey, I have found some camps to kind of fill in the long days. We are signing up for basketball camp, lacrosse camp (yeah, it's really a sport, who knew?), tennis camp, church camp, and VBS. We are also planning trips to MS and Al. So, throw in some swimming, movies, and assorted fun things, he should be good. Holland has a couple of 1 day camps planned which should be just enough. Throw in some swimming, 'cause my girl can swim pretty well (I may actually be able to read a magazine poolside this year. It's been 11 years since I have been able to do that.) and some some friends coming over, and she's golden.
Well, there you have it. School's out and summer is on.
So be sure to stay tuned.
The Bus Stop GangNick, Rob, Matthew, Holland, Anna, Victoria, Grey, and Parker

No comments:
Post a Comment