Flat Stanley has made his way back around. When Grey was in the first grade, he sent Flat Stanley off to Starkville, Ms for some MSU basketball, some hunting and 4 wheel riding, and even met Bully. This time, Holland wanted to send her Flat Stanley to Poppy Tom and Mops in Foley, Al. So off he went for a very fun and busy couple of days. He returned home tired, crinkled, and faded which is always how I return home from the best vacations. If I don't come home from a vacation with a limp, a lost voice, and a case of pink eye, I just don't feel like I got my money's worth. Flat Stanley got his money's worth.

Flat Stanley hanging around.
He did put in a few hours....seconds of actual labor.
Who wears a tie to the beach? Flat Stanley does, and he does it with style.

Not a hair out of place.

He climbed aboard a shrimp boat.

He met the mayor of Gulf Shores, (there's a job) who wrote him a very nice letter which we displayed on Holland's Flat Stanley's Travels poster board.

He also got to go with Holland's cousin, Madison (in the middle) to the National Cheerleading Competition in Disneyworld. He hung out with cheerleaders, Disney princesses, rode Space Mountain and so on.
Some paper people have all the fun.

Holland showing her Flat Stanley's Travels poster board at school. I only touched on some of the highlights. He rode a train, worked at the post office, ate at LuLu's, went to Souvenir City and so on and so on. I'm suprised he decided to even some back.
I'm not sure I would have.

The board is currently on display in the Holland Davis Art Museum located upstairs in her room.
1 comment:
Wow! What a life! Flat Stanley had a real ride! I'm jealous! Anut Gay
Post a Comment