Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote!!

The kids had a mock presidential election at school today. It was set up as close to the real thing as possible to teach the kindergarten through 5th graders what it's like and how important it is to vote. I volunteered to help with the kindergarten classes.
Even at that age, most of the kids knew who they wanted to vote for, although I did have one write-in for George Washington. And if they were undecided, I didn't influence them at all, although I really wanted to say, "which one reminds you of Santa Claus?" But I didn't.


The Voting Screen. They clicked on their choice. I told them, "congratulations, you just voted for the President of the United States," and then I gave them an "I Voted" sticker and sent them back to their teacher.

Holland proudly voted for John McCain.






2 comments:

-Sheri said...

Maybe you should have stood near some voting machines in the Northeast and used the Santa Claus line.

Gayla Davis said...

Unfortunately, the Northeast thinks Obama IS Santa Claus.....