So, Mac and I painted the living room ourselves. We were originally going to hire someone to paint it, but we decided we could do it ourselves. I mean how hard could it be? That was before I was introduced to painting curved, textured walls. Was that the best decision? I'll let you know, if I ever stop doing "touchups".
During our painting weekend, Holland serenaded us from the kitchen table, then from the landing on the stairs where the acoustics were much better. She sang us a blend of "We are the champions.." with songs about Jesus' love. At one point, Mac looked at me and said, " Should she really mix Freddie Mercury and songs about Jesus? To that I said, " Freddie needed Jesus, too." And Mac agreed I had a point. Then I began to wonder just how long we had been inhaling paint fumes and would the damage be permanent.
And finally we finished....
Check "paint the living room" off the home improvement list.
Alright now, this picture was from when we moved in a little over 2 years ago. (Back when "get furniture for the living room" was at the top of the list.) This is all the furniture we had in here for a little while. Plus, this was the best pic I could find to show the original color, ok, ok it was the first pic I found, and I didn't feel like looking for a more recent pic. Cut me some slack, I have spent many hours painting, and I am tired.
Hello, Lyndhurst Mushroom. Welcome to the Davis house.(The gap between our tv and the entertainment center is barely noticeable, don't you think?)





No comments:
Post a Comment